New Blog

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

February 24, 2010

#1- Start an Etsy Store

It's not big yet, only a few items, but it's started. Actually I've decided to start by becoming an online store for my families (first my parents and now my sisters) business. Let me tell you a little about it. 28 years ago, I was 4. My dad was selling vacuums and hated it. But a job is a job, especially when you have 2 young children. Anyway, my mom is an artist, truly an amazing artist. Also my parents gave me a unique name (well the spelling at least) and she wanted something personalized for me. So she bought a pair of plastic barrettes and painted my name on them. I had a LOT of hair. People saw them and liked them. When I got invited to birthday parties that is what she made for me to take to the birthday girl. My dad noticed this and thought; these could really sell and make a great business! He started the business with him selling and my mom doing all the painting. It worked and that was his job until he sold it to my sister and brother in law! We all worked their growing up, putting the barrettes on cards, and my sisters even became painters. 28 years later it's still a great business. So I've decided to throw my hat in the family ring.
bittersweet craft shop etsy
As time goes on I'm planning on adding other items to my store, but for now It's at least started. Feel free to comment and let me know if you have an idea or if you'd change something!
personalized girl hair barrett clip name hand painted