New Blog

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

February 4, 2010

"She in Big Twa-bow"

In the words of my 4 year old boy, "P".  "S", my baby girl (2 1/2) got in BIG twa-bow (trouble) today.  I was painting a new project today.  It's TOTALLY NOT WORKING and is SO frustraing.  I painted 4 layers in the afternoon.  My kid totally left it alone, and were great about not touching it.  But even after, the 4 thin layers it still wasn't magnetic.  SO frustrating to spend money on something and have it not work.  I thought that maybe I painted the first layers too thin so I decided to add a few more thin layers.  I'm worried if it will work or not and if I wasted half a can of magnetic paint for nothing!  Any advice out there?   HELP!!!

Anyway, I painted the fifth layer and went to put some supplies in the sink.  I came back around the corner and found this:
s magnetic paint footprints
Finding the culprit was easy.  She hid in her room, but I just followed the clues. See that face?  She KNOW'S she's in trouble so she's already getting mad at me for the punishment that she knows is coming.   
S in trouble
Of course me taking her picture always perks her up!  Maybe she thought she got out of it.  But no-way Jose!  Now I have to go help my sweet hubby clean the floor!
S walked in paint