New Blog

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

January 13, 2010

Lego Gummie's

Today we used the mold to make 4 different batches of gummy Lego's for the party.  It was SO easy and fun.  You just take a small sized jello, mix it with 6 packets of unflavored gelatin and add 3/4 C water. Then boil it (stirring the whole time) and pour it in once it's clear!
lego mold gummies candy
I tried using and plunger and doing just one at a time, but it started to thicken and harden before I could finish so with the next batches I just poured it in and spread it around.  Then using a rolling pin I rolled the large base plate over the top so they have bottom wells so they can stack!  Ten throw it into the freezer for 15 mins and then unpeel!  The kids loved helping AND they taste great too!  I couldn't believe it actually worked so well.
lego mold candy gummies

Photobucket