New Blog

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

January 1, 2010

Flashback Friday- First Crochet

This was actually my VERY first crochet project.  We were living in Japan in 2003.  We'd been there for 6 months and I hadn't brought any crafts with me (knowing we wouldn't have much space in our Japanese apartment).  My mother in law was mailing our Christmas gifts to us and I mentioned I wanted to learn to crochet so she sent me some beginner's stuff! This was actually just a few days after Christmas and the first thing I made was this hat!  This is my oldest B. when she was 2 1/2~
first crochet hat
They had beautiful yarn in Japan and I ended up making quite a few hats during the next month.  Then I discovered thread crochet...  That's a post for Next Friday!
crochet hat first

Photobucket