New Blog

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

January 3, 2010

First Quilt plan!

So one of the things that been on my over-all goal list for the last few years is learn to quilt.  So when my middle sister gave me yet ANOTHER beautiful quilt for Christmas this year I decided that I had to move forward on it.  I know I CAN do it, I'm a visual person and quilts just make sense (the angles/corners/lines, etc...  I can SEE how they work).  But I'm sure it's going to be hard, time consuming, with lots of learning, taking out stiches, etc...  But I look forward to it.  I still learn something new every time I make a cake!  A few years ago I actually bought some quilting books and even read them all.  I just never seem to have the space to actually unpack my sewing machine (also it's my Grandmothers original sewing machine, the thing is OLD ladies, but I'll never get a new one if I don't prove to my husband it will get used...  Well this year is the first in a long time I'm not nursing or pregnant, AND my mother in law, upstairs, has a sewing room, new ACCESSIBLE machine AND a serger.  Perfect time to try.  And then I found my inspiration and pattern.  It uses a few different techniques, so what better to learn on.  Without further ado here is the pattern I fell completely in love with (Made for Moda by Natalia Bonner!)

And while I like burgundy and even pink I'm not a fan of light blue.  So I picked Aster Manor by Moda for my color scheme.  I actually ordered the fabric this weekend so no backing down now!  I'm telling the blogsphere so I'm held responsible to finish!


Photobucket