New Blog

This is an out of date blog, for these posts and all current projects please head over to

I'm Topsy Turvy

for any interest in ordering cakes please head to

topsy turvy cakes

March 5, 2010

Flashback Friday Crochet baby blankets

So after finishing the thread crochet tablecloth for my mom I got back into yarn!  I got into baby blankets, they are just SO easy and so fast and it's satisfying to have a project you can finish (unlike the thread crochet tablecloth or cross stitched stocking I'm STILL working on for myself!).  I made one for both of my sisters babies, for cousin's kids and for my sister in law's baby.  I also got to make one for my latest two babies.  This one was for P's baby blessing (that's my mom, he's about a month old here)
Baby blanket  blessing white crochet
And this one was for my baby girl!  I just LOVE the ruffles on the outside of this one!  The inner square went really quick, the ruffles took a LOT longer!  But it was done before she was born so yippee!  This is my youngest, S, 1 day old!   I need to lay out these blankets for better pictures.  This just doesn't do it justice (but she's sure cute and chunky, huh?)
pink baby blanket green ruffles crochet